Do you have a talent for expressing complex scientific ideas in straightforward text? Can you integrate data from various sources into one coherent document? Do you have a background in life science research? Do you find deadlines motivating? Then you may be the person we are looking for!
Liaising closely with the PIs of the Switch Lab, the key tasks of the position include:
- Supporting the writing of project proposals, grant reports and fellowship applications
- Assisting lab members with data management plans and obtaining ethics approvals
- Updating the lab website
- Co-organizing meetings and conferences
This is a job with a lot of variety and you will interact with our entire team. You will have plenty of support from the two PIs leading the Switch Lab as well as the lab manager. We have an extensive library of successful grant applications, fellowship applications, ethics approvals, etc., and support is available from both KU Leuven and VIB grant offices.
- A PhD in life sciences and postdoctoral experience
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent scientific writing skills in English (Dutch is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- A strong interest in protein aggregation and its role in disease is a plus
- A vibrant, world-class research environment operating at an international level
- A dedicated training program to broaden your expertise and enhance your skillset.
Access to the resources of two host institutions:
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience.
At SWITCH we have particular attention for the career development goals of our people and actively support the ambitions of our lab members in the lab and beyond. Information on SWITCH Lab alumni can be found here.
How to apply
For more information contact us. Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV including list of publications, a motivation letter, and the contact information of three referees.