FT-IR - Confocheck (Bruker)
The Confocheck is a dedicated FT-IR system for the detection of protein conformational changes and determination of secondary structure
Key features :
- Allows the measurement of water soluble proteins or solubilized membrane-bound proteins
- Features a flow-through transmission cell, with an optimal path length of ~7 µm
- Can easily measure low protein concentrations (below 0.1 mg/ml)
- Allows temperature-induced unfolding / refolding studies
- Automated temperature ramps (0-95°C) to follow specific changes of the secondary structure and determine the proteins melting point.